Frequently asked Questions
- Q. What is Up North Down South and what is our goal?
- A. Up North Down South is a LGBT community database that promotes LGBT venues and events across the United Kingdom. Our goal is to make it easy for gay people to enjoy themselves, to help gay people plan their evening and to find like-minded people.
- Q. Some pages don't seem to display properly.
- A. Emptying or clearing your browser's cache usually fixes this problem. In Firefox Tools>Clear Recent History. In Internet Explorer Tools>Internet Options>General Tab>Delete Browsing History.
- Q. How do I submit images?
- A. Images can be submitted here. Or simply email them to us.
- Q. On venue pages, what does verified mean?
- A. This means that we have verified the information with the venue directly.
- Q. How does a venue get verified status?
- A. Venues and events usually get the verified status when a member of staff that works at the venue or event takes the time to submit or confirm the information on the website. You can verify the information online, either by email, facebook and twitter or over the telephone. All you need to do is verify that you are a member of staff/or work for the venue in some other capacity, along with confirming the information on the website or supplying new correct and up to date information.
- Q. What do all of the symbols mean on the venue pages?
means that men are allowed at this venue.
means that men are NOT allowed at this venue.
means that women are allowed at this venue.
means that women are NOT allowed at this venue.
means that the venue serves alcohol.
means that the venue does not serve alcohol.
means that the venue serves food.
means that the venue does not serve food.
means that the venue is on facebook. You can click this icon to go there.
means that the venue is not yet on facebook.
means that the venue is verified.
means that the venue is not verified.